Alumni Homecoming Speech in our English Subject.

by - Tuesday, July 27, 2010

my shot. :)) guess what? this shot is from a painting :))


Alumni Homecoming Speech
            Good afternoon to all my fellow schoolmates, batch-mates, to all the teachers, to the principal, and to the directress. Thanks for this wonderful opportunity to address you today. Batch-mates, I hope you don’t mind even if today’s auspicious occasion is our reunion and teachers, fellow schoolmates, I hope you don’t mind if in any case I’m disturbing your classes. Mrs. Belma A. Regis, on behalf of my batch mates, thanks for inviting us to our dear Alma Mater and for asking me to deliver a speech of inspiration to my fellow schoolmates. I feel privileged and happy to be standing here, representing the batch 2010-2011 and I am grateful that you could all be here this morning to listen.

           As an introduction, in case you don’t know me, my name is Ren. For starters, I would describe myself as a little wanderer in a large city, ordinary citizen in an extraordinary country, one tiny creature in the one huge universe, but look out at the future, because from a little wanderer, I'm going to be an elite lawyer, from an ordinary citizen, I'm going to be the president of the country, and from a one tiny creature, I'm going to be the one who will change the world. It's not a DREAM, it's a REALITY. I’m just waiting for the season when I’ll hatch from this egg or when I’ll break through this shell. And that’s what I thought years back when I graduated from this school. Unfortunately, I am just one of the “with honors” when I graduated from high school, therefore I didn’t have the chance to express myself back then. But fortunately, you might not believe this, but what I’m going to say is nothing but the truth. I graduated from University of the Philippines in Manila as a Summa Cum Laude with the course of Business Management/Administration. In case you don’t know what Summa Cum Laude is, it is the valedictorian or the highest rank when you graduate in college, with grades ranging from 1.00-1.20 or 97% to 100%. Are you surprised? As for me, I am surprised; I can’t believe that I am the top student of this prestigious school. And this, I owe to my dearest Alma Mater, Al Hekma International School, for lighting up the flame of my soul therefore leading me to unleash the hidden potential sealed within me.

              It is not as easy as you think, I worked to my bones, and I lived my life like hell. Therefore, it became fruitful enough. It just justifies that if there’s no pain, there’s no gain. And again, I will be studying Law Proper in Ateneo University the next school year. Wish me luck, and hopefully I’ll graduate again as a Summa Cum Laude. In case you’re wondering why, as I said in my introduction, I want to be an elite lawyer and someday the president of the country. Therefore I must take these steps and endure all of these.

              Present students of Al-Hekma, I hope you won’t forget that you will inevitably face loads of trials, hardships, obstacles, difficulties and challenges along the route of your careers, for with the honor of becoming one with your dream comes with tremendous and rattling responsibility. Remember when you achieve your goal, accomplish it with pride. Through the years, you invested your time, you polished your skills, and you have set your own goals and met each and every challenge with courage and determination to overcome those that you’ve encountered along the way. Always bear in mind that success is never measured out by fulfilling the expectations of others, but by sincerely and honestly living up to your own expectations. Moreover it is not a place at which, one can come to, but instead it is the state and spirit which one undertakes to continue his journey. In result of becoming true and honest with yourself, of becoming a man or woman of integrity, you have made through it and earned this moment with the right to be proud of your fulfillment.

             One advice from your senior, while going through every circumstances in your life, use both your head and heart, not one over the other. Be balanced and fair about everything and don’t be bias. Don’t ever judge. And if you do, don’t even think that you are just observing and can’t help it. When you observe, don’t judge, but instead understand why and accept it from the bottom of your heart. If you give the people around you your respect, trust, love, friendliness, forgiveness and loyalty, you will be surrounding with people who value these qualities and return the favor back to you. If you do everything within your own principle, dignity and conviction, your thoughts and actions will reflect it. If all your words contain truthfulness and consideration, people will welcome you into their presence. If you came from a place of steadfastness, perseverance, and faithfulness, you will surely withstand any challenge and overcome any trials and obstacles. If you bring to your work diligence, excellence, enthusiasm, confidence, obedience, reliability and modesty, your work will show it and your livelihood will prosper.

               I am hoping and expecting that you will all live your lives to the fullest, to your hearts’ content and to take the course of life that will guide and lead you to your desired destination. For your futures, I hope you won’t be discouraged and continue on pursuing your dream and make it real. I hope you won’t think that there’s any limit to your success, because even the mighty sky is not the limit. You can make it, just attempt and try hard and most importantly, pray to God.

                Remember that some may try to negatively influence you. So you must be aware of the dangers and temptations of the world. Be confident and follow your own lead. Stand up for what you believe, and listen to your own voice. Have faith and know you are never alone.

             Finally now, I’ll share you my essay. Life runs along the way, last for miles, but as for some it cuts short, and for others so short. So let's look ahead. With our wishful dreams and hopes for the future. The darkness of sorrow, the light of happiness. The swift breeze of morning, the warm atmosphere of noon. And now we've come across the path. All things we ought to know, now full of doubts. Tears fall so heavily yet no one sees. Cries, echo, ears itself can't hear. Broken hearts all around. Shatters and fall all around us. As they fall to their knees, clutching their chests and weep in pain, does no one see? Both broken life and broken dream? As we are a part of nature, the sky cries a broken song, as we cry along to its shattering melody, studded rhythm and of a once beautiful love song. And as our relationships broaden there comes our friends. Friends may come and go, some move along with their lives, leaving us behind. Yet some stay and never let go. Hands reach out as others never even try. And everyone has a family. A father that holds a young and talented daughter. A mother that holds a strong and proud little boy. The future's bequest that they do see yet you do not see. The world turns and spins. And in the middle is where we stand. In a twisting web, a tree of life.

To my fellow batch mates, classes of Neon, Nickel, and Nitrogen, “Be happier than ever, live a healthy life! Thanks to you, my life is pretty messed up before and fun right now.”

To my teachers and the new ones, “Thanks for showing me the world in front of my eyes, I hope you’ll continue to inspire more students!”

To my fellow schoolmates, one phrase to all of you, “It is your time to shine!”

(Thank you)

-created by Ren.

[P.S. i'm just a 4th year highschooler right now :))]

You May Also Like

1 comments